Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Angel Hair Pasta with Vegetables and Herbs

Last night was one of those nights when I didn't have anything planned, so I just threw together something.  For a lot of people, that means pasta.  I've been working on my kids with pasta.  They wouldn't eat anything pasta (including Macaroni and Cheese, which they still don't like) for years.  I put it in front of them enough that they finally did eat plain angel hair pasta, but would never touch it with a marinara sauce.

Well, last night I made pasta, but I didn't make the sauce, being in a hurry and knowing they wouldn't eat it anyway.  I gave them their pasta and asparagus, and then said, "This is how I'm going to eat mine.  If you'd like some, you can try it."  It was a huge hit, and E, who previously would eat a few measly strands of spaghetti, ate two full helpings.  Let's just say that this will be on my more frequent list now.

And just for the record, he didn't eat the tomatoes.

Angel Hair with Vegetables and Herbs

Angel hair pasta or spaghetti, cooked and drained
Asparagus, cooked
1 tomato, chopped into bite-sized pieces
garlic salt
dried or fresh basil
Olive oil

Combine pasta, asparagus, and tomato.  Add oil and toss to coat.  Sprinkle with garlic salt and basil to taste.
*You could also add a bit of some good balsamic vinegar, which is how my husband ate it.  Yum!

No comments: