Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Turkey Curry

If you're like me you're tired of eating Thanksgiving leftovers by now.  I love Thanksgiving, but going on six days now is a bit much.  I saw on my friend Olivia's blog a recipe for Turkey Curry and thought I'd try it out.   I was skeptical because it calls for Cream of Mushroom soup, and I try to stay away from recipes involving that.  But it was really good!  My kids devoured it and asked for more!  You can see the original recipe on Olivia's blog, and this is what I did (a bit altered due to what I had on hand).

Turkey Curry

Ingredients:
Leftover Thanksgiving turkey, in bite-size pieces (I had about 1-1/2 cups of meat)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 cup whole milk
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
2 T curry powder (I use Sharwood's brand, mild.  You can add more if you like)
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp garlic salt

Put the turkey, coconut, and milk in a medium-sized sauce pan.  Heat over medium-high heat until the milk is bubbling and it smells like coconut.  Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.  Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.

Serve over rice and with a green vegetable on the side (we had peas).
Delish!

No comments: