Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pulled Pork Sandwiches



I made this for dinner on Sunday, and we did an impromptu invite of another family from church, which meant that there weren't a ton of leftovers.  Like, not enough for a weeks worth of meals like I was hoping.  And then I ended up taking the leftovers to a friend who just sprained her ankle, which meant that there weren't ANY leftovers for me.

I've been thinking about it non-stop since then, so when I was at Costco today I bought the meat to make it again.  Really, since it was Costco, I bought enough meat to make it again tonight as well as three more times in the future.

This is so easy, and sooo delicious.  Just thinking about it now is making me drool.  Really.  My keyboard is slippery with slobber. Try it.  You'll thank me.

Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Ingredients:
1/2 pork shoulder (even half of it is a huge chunk of meat)
1 packet dry onion soup mix (I use Lipton)
1/2 cup water

Sandwich buns (I like whole wheat with poppy seeds)
Barbecue sauce (your favorite brand)

Spray a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray, then put in the meat.  Sprinkle the onion soup mix on top, then pour in the water.  Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours, or until meat falls apart when touched with a fork.

Using two forks, shred the meat, removing fatty bits as you go.  Spoon about a half a cup onto a sandwich bun, then top with a good drizzle of barbecue sauce.  Enjoy.  Finger lickin' good.

Serves about 8, unless everyone goes back for seconds.  Which they will.

1 comment:

Olivia Carter said...

Oh man, this sounds SO GOOD! SO GOOD! Thanks for all the yum recipes!